Hey all! Normally you would not find me posting on a Saturday night. But I just had to share this wonderful recipe with everyone while it was fresh on my taste buds!
So, here is the story. I was chatting with one of the owners of Tillman Training (the place where I crossfit) about the Paleo Diet. It is also known as the caveman diet or hunter-gatherer diet. Basically, you eat what you can hunt, grow, or pick from a tree. Anyway, I asked if she had any good resources for recipes. This is when she told me about Elana's Pantry. I came across this recipe for a Spinach Cake and I must say that it is WONDERFUL. My entire family enjoyed it, including Ms. K who never eats dinner.
Here it is! I used cranberries instead of currants, which worked just as well I suspect.
Spinach Cake
1 ½ pounds spinach, thoroughly washed, leave stems on if they are not tough
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup currants
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
Wilt spinach in a large covered saucepan, over low heat (do not add water) 5 minutes, until tender
Drain and cool, then gently squeeze moisture out of spinach
Place spinach in food processor and pulse until coarsely blended, then set aside
In a small skillet, warm 3 tablespoons oil, add pine nuts and saute until golden brown
Add garlic to pan of pine nuts and saute together an additional minute
In a large bowl, combine pine nuts mixture, blended spinach, eggs, currants and salt
Spread mixture into a greased 7 x 11 inch pyrex baking dish
Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes
Serve
Try it! You will not be disappointed. Also, check out Elana's Pantry for more yummy recipes. She specializes in gluten-free, but there is something there for everyone.
The best back-to-school tech for teens
12 hours ago
Thanks for the link. Looks yummy, but my pantry isn't stocked with the stuff it calls for. Once things settle down I'm off to whole foods. I hope Logan likes it!
ReplyDelete