Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Is It Just Me?

So...I am cruising down the freeway in my husband's Ford Focus (nice, right?) after my crossfit class, getting ready to run into the outlet mall to pick up a shirt I saw on sale. Kids are home with a great new babysitter and I feel free for the moment. I have the radio turned up, having a good morning and I hear it. It is the same song I have been hearing for the past few weeks on every radio station around. I cannot pinpoint why, exactly, it makes me cringe. But it does and it shouldn't, considering I have two kiddos. Maybe it is just an annoying song or maybe it is the simple fact that I couldn't do it. I have absolutely nothing against what this song is advocating for. I think it is a beautiful, wonderful, healthy thing if you can do it. Not a big fan of having it shoved in my face all the time, but that deserves a whole different post. And according to this song, my baby girls and I are screwed. Have you heard this song, too? Let me know your opinion. Is it just me that doesn't care for this song?

1 comment:

  1. I use to feel the same way, especially when my best friend use to tell me "everyone can breast feed if they want to" (which several years later she apologized for) but after having the president of the La Leche League in Lake Jackson personally come to my house and tell me to give up trying, I felt justified. I have three very healthy girls and you were the only one that I had a little success with so personally I think breast feeding is way over rated. It's great if you can, but using Aunt Pam as an example, Blake was breastfed for almost a year, but he was so sickly throughout his childhood that he had to be home schooled. With the advances they've made in formula, I just don't beleive there is that much of a benefit anymore.

    ReplyDelete